Male Hormone Replacement Therapy Charleston, Greenville & Charlotte, NC
Male aging begins much earlier than most men realize. Testosterone levels start to decline in our late twenties and continues well into our golden years. This decline in testosterone levels becomes more evident in middle-age when some men experience what has become known as andropause, or “male menopause.” This hormone imbalance in men is characterized by a number of distressing symptoms, such as fatigue, muscle loss, increased body fat, sleeplessness, night sweats, irritability, depression, low libido and erectile dysfunction.
Benefits of Hormone Replacement Therapy for Men
Some of the benefits of Hormone Replacement Therapy for Men include:
• Enhanced sexual performance and stamina
• Improved sexual desire
• Increased lean body mass
• Increased muscular strength
• Boosted energy levels
• Reduced body fat
• Increased bone density
• Maximized mental function
• Improved blood cholesterol levels
• Reduced risk of heart disease
• Accelerated wound healing
Hormone Replacement Therapy Treatment Options
Male hormone replacement therapy at Lowcountry Male is customized to suit your individual lifestyle and needs. Our physician-supervised hormone replacement therapy is designed to work with your daily routine.
We offer a variety of administration methods for your customized hormone replacement plan including:
• Testosterone Injections – This method involves intramuscular injections typically once a week at home.
• Testosterone Pellet Insertion – This method involves inserting testosterone pellets within fatty tissue which typically last 4-6 months.
• Topical Testosterone Gels – This method involves gels that are applied daily to the wrist, inner arms or abdomen.
At Lowcountry Male, our physicians will recommend an appropriate administration method based on your lifestyle and needs. If you are interested in male hormone replacement therapy, come visit us at one of our convenient locations in Charleston, Mount Pleasant, North Charleston, Summerville, Greenville, and Fort Mill. We strive to deliver medically-based solutions to low testosterone and other conditions of aging affecting men in the Charleston, Greenville, and Fort Mill area.