Premature Ejaculation Treatment in Charleston, Greenville, & Charlotte, NC
Premature ejaculation (PE) is a lot more common than what you might think. In fact, some studies have it as being more common than erectile dysfunction (ED). Until very recently the only cause for premature ejaculation was felt to be psychological and therefore generally not treatable. Fortunately, times have changed at premature ejaculation can be treated.
The clinical definition for Premature Ejaculation is an inability to delay ejaculation for more than two minutes after penetration. If you last less than three minutes before ejaculation you are considered to have acquired PE.
In order to determine the best possible treatment for your PE, your practitioner will perform a history and physical and obtain labs. Once we have determined the root cause of the problem we will be able to more carefully define the reason that your suffering with this problem and provide you with both immediate and long-term solution for your problem.
Causes of Premature Ejaculation
Some of the common problem associated with PE include:
• Low testosterone
• Thyroid disorders
• Infection or inflammation of the prostate
• Nerve damage from surgery or trauma
• Cardiovascular disease or Hypertension
Treatment for Premature Ejaculation
At Lowcountry Male, we offer a variety of different treatment options for Premature Ejaculation. Our goal is to provide you both immediate relief from your problem while we’re trying to repair the underlying cause.
Some of the Premature Ejaculation treatments we provide include:
• Optimize Testosterone Levels – We balance your hormone system through appropriate use of thyroid and testosterone.
• Compounded Combination Drug Therapies
• Dextromethorphan – Sildenafil 150/150 mg troches. Begin dosage with one quarter of the troche and titrate up to no more than one full troche. This may be taken along with 500 mg of Tylenol to further enhance the effect and treat any headache induced.
• Dextromethorphan – Vardenafil 150/75 mg troches. Begin dosage with one quarter of the troche and titrate up to no more than one full troche. This may be taken along with 500 mg of Tylenol to further enhance the effect and treat any headache induced.
• Tri-Mix & Quad-Mix Injections – This allows you to maintain your erection even after ejaculation.
• Priapus Shot (The P Shot) – This shot has been shown to improve many aspects of your sex life including Premature Ejaculation.
•Low Dose SSRI Therapy for Premature Ejaculation – To control PE you may consider SSRI therapy with Lexapro. At our office we will begin treatment with 5 mg of Lexapro three times weekly and titrate up or down as needed to obtain the desired effect.